The Maintenance Director will assist in supervising the day-to-day activities of the Maintenance Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, to assure that our facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner.
List of Specific Job Descriptions
1. Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of
supervising maintenance tasks.
2. Supervise the day-to-day maintenance functions of assigned personnel.
3. Assist the Administrator in setting maintenance standards.
4. Assist in developing procedures for performing daily maintenance tasks.
5. Assist the Administrator in standardizing the methods in which work is
6. Assist the Administrator in scheduling work assignments, preparing work
schedules, etc. Revise as necessary.
7. Coordinate daily maintenance services with nursing services when performing
maintenance assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
8. Submit accident/incident reports to the director on the shift in which they
9. Perform administrative requirements (i.e., completing necessary forms, reports,
etc.) and submit to the director as necessary.
10. Attend and implement recommendations from the Infection Control, Safety, and
QA Committees, etc., as directed/necessary.
11. Attend department and staff meetings as directed or called.
12. Assist in the orientation and training of maintenance personnel
13. Interpret department policies and procedures to new maintenance personnel.
14. Train assigned personnel in the proper techniques of maintenance services,
use of equipment, etc., as directed.
15. Assign personnel to specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments.
16. Make sure that personnel follow the manufacturer’s guidelines when servicing
17. Assist in conducting departmental performance evaluations as necessary and
in accordance with the facility’s policies and procedures.
18. Must promote company’s Injury Free Incentive Program to staff
19. Attend and participate in annual facility in-service training programs as
scheduled (e.g., OSHA, TB, HIPAA, Abuse Prevention, Safety, etc.).
20. Make sure that fire protection and prevention programs are maintained by
department personnel in accordance with our fire safety policies and
21. Make sure that maintenance personnel follow established safety precautions
when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
22. Make sure that all personnel wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies
(e.g., back brace, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving heavy objects.
23. Make sure that assigned work areas are maintained in a safe and attractive
24. Assist in maintaining material safety data sheets (MSDSs) for hazardous
chemicals in the maintenance department.
25. Make sure that containers of hazardous chemicals in the department are
properly labeled and stored.
26. Make sure that all maintenance personnel follow established policies governing
the use of labels and MSDSs.
27. Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to the Director.
28. Other duties as assigned
1. Preferred to have, as a minimum, two (2) years experience in maintenance
2. Should be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a
minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such
weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.