The Central Supply Clerk is responsible for keeping the facility supplied with medical supplies and capital equipment. The Central Supply Clerk coordinates with the Senior Purchasing Agent regarding purchases. Routine nursing supplies will be purchased
from approved contracted vendors and the capital equipment will be purchased after the Senior Purchasing Agent has researched the product and had it approved by the appropriate person.
1. Inventory the Medicare A and B supply closets daily.
2. Inventory the satellite supply closets daily.
3. Inventory the main supply closet weekly and re-supply it weekly
4. Re-supply the Medicare A and B closets as needed to maintain par levels.
5. Re-supply the satellite closets as needed to maintain par levels.
6. Prepare Part B billing to Concept billing.
7. Participate in department head rotation of Manager on duty weekend.
8. Create and maintain the equipment binder.
9. Maintain monthly budget for supplies.
10. Maintain purchasing compliance with contracts that have been established for
supplies and equipment.
11. Email purchase order list to Senior Purchasing Agent no later that each
Tuesday by noon.
12. Cross train with Medical Records Coordinator.
13. Make sure all facility purchases be approved by facility Administrator or
14. May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency
Experience in purchasing and healthcare preferred.