The Human Resource Coordinator (HRC) works in conjunction with and under the direct supervision of the facility Administrator, performing a variety of administrative and project management services to support the basic human resources functions and can be cross trained to do other tasks within the scope of their responsibilities as dictated by the facility Administrator
The HRC should be familiar with human resource policies and with office practices and procedures and accepts accountability for responsibilities under their control; plans and organizes work; exercises sound judgment and decision making. The HRC reports to
the facility Administrator.
1. Promotes cooperative working relationships within and between departments.
2. Prioritizes and completes work assignments within agreed upon timeframes.
3. Responsible for the applicant intake process per Company policies, including pre-screening applicants, scheduling and performing interviews, reference checks , conducting background checks on all new employees, current employees and vendor employees, certification/license verifications and I-9’s.
4. Provides verification of employment for all employees as necessary.
5. Assist with re-certifying all CNA certificates and verify if licensed nurses (LVNs & RNs) licenses have been renewed as needed.
6. Ensures all new employees have completed new hire paperwork training, including but not limited to, the Employee Handbook acknowledgement, Code of Conduct acknowledgement and HIPAA video;
7. Serves as a point person in answering benefits questions and assists employees in the benefits programs including promoting and coordinating enrollment in Company 401K plan as appropriate.
8. Facilitates and coordinates all unemployment claims management.
9. Facilitates an open door policy and appropriately directs employee relation issues to the Administrator, Director or Nursing and /or Victoria Home Office H.R. Department.
10. Ensures all up-to-date legal postings are placed in a designated area, including FMLA and associated documents.
11. Confidentially ensures all employees’ personnel files are up-to-date: a. Responsible for continuous verification of employee licensure and certification as applicable;
b. Responsible for submitting annual verification of employment to Nurse Aide Registry
c. Tracking and notification of yearly performance evaluations to Department
d. Will maintain employee TB tracking log
e. Performs exit interviews
f. Creates & maintains electronic (PDF) copy of personnel file for each employee.
12. Ensures human resources and risk management policies and procedures are
communicated and adhered to; periodically conducts in-service training on new
or updated policies that enhance employee performance, adherence, and retention.
13. Responsible for payroll:
a. Processes the records for hours worked by employees at the facility in accordance with company policy and procedures
b. Ensures hours are reported accurately; follows up to resolve discrepancies.
c. Responsible for tracking employee hours (including PTO), processing payroll, reviewing payroll reports and distributing paychecks to department supervisors.
d. Provides Victoria Home Office Benefits Department with employee termination list weekly.
14. Ensures timekeeping systems and tools accurately reflect daily status and assists in the development of facility labor cost management reduction
strategies; utilizes data and assists in making decisions based on current labor metrics.
15. Participates in and supports the facility’s Employee Relations Committee in an effort to meet the facility’s turnover goals and supports the KUDOS program.
16. Assist with answering phones, per telephone policy in a timely and pleasant manner
17. Actively assists and participates in the enhancement of the lives of our residents through our dedicated approach to patient care and our census building program.
18. Actively assists and participates in the development and retention of staff through recruitment, training and nurturing the employees of the nursing home.
19. May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations
20. Make new employee packets.
21. Schedules, coordinates and facilitates new employee orientation with assistance of Administrator and Department Managers.
22. Coordinates Train Relief (training tracking system).
23. Completes and submits paperwork for motor vehicle reports to the Victoria home office.
24. Completes OSHA reporting requirements.
25. Coordinates, tracks and produces appropriate paperwork for employee leaves of absences.
Previous experince in a skilled nursing facility is required
Bachelor's Degree is preferred
At least one year of general human resources experience, including basic labor law and benefits.
Experience in payroll processing preferred.
Proficiency with Microsoft products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Must have the ability to work with all levels of employees, medical providers, insurance adjusters and attorneys.
Ability to conduct training for employees.