The Traveling MDS Support Specialist assumes the responsibility of providing assistance in Resident Care Planning activities including the MDS process in multiple facilities and Regions and provides audit and training support to the Regional CMS role.
The Traveling MDS Support Specialist will cover the Central/Corpus Region to include the following facilities: Southbrooke Manor Nursing and Rehab, Port Lavaca Nursing and Rehab, Windsor Nursing and Rehab of Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi Nursing and Rehab, Windsor Calallen, and Kingsville Nursing and Rehab.
Assumes authority, responsibility and accountability for resident care planning activities as illustrated by the following:
· Conduct orientation sessions on the MDS process to all employees involved
· Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of MDS information
· Ensures the submission and transmission of information meets requirements of company and regulatory agencies
· Utilizes the LTCQ program for monitoring accuracy of MDS
· Coordinates the MDS and Care Planning process within the facilities assigned and travels to assigned facilities as needs dictate
· Manages the Case Mix within assigned facilities
· Maintains documentation of orientation/training sessions
· Serve as a resource person for Resident care planning activities
· Supports program development activities
· Attends and participates in departmental/facility meetings
· Attends continuing education and in-house training opportunities appropriate to responsibilities and professional License
· Promotes optimal communication among program staff members, facility staff, referral sources, physicians and Residents
· Appropriately accesses the resources of the company’s regional offices for consultation and program development support
· Seeks out external resources through conferences, workshops, etc.
· Participates in direct and indirect Resident care activities
· Participates in quality improvement activities, which reduce cost and increase efficiency through improved systems and processes
· Promotes resident rights, assists residents to make informed decision making, treats residents with dignity and respect and supports independent expression, choice and decision making
· Reports suspected abuse or neglect
· Applies QI principles, tools and techniques and assists in data collection
· Identifies processes for improvement in daily work and educates new staff in team process
· Applies hand washing principles during daily work, demonstrates understanding in isolation precautions and recognizes signs and symptoms of infection and understanding of cross-contamination.
· Promotes compliance with accident prevention procedure, safety rules and safe work practices to prevent employee injury and control workers compensation costs
· Utilizes computer databases for administrative tasks, and specialized computer programs for other duties as needed
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: