The Van Driver performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation to and from various destinations. An employee in this class drives a van or bus over a scheduled route. Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for our residents and employees by committing to the company's core values of communicating expectations, delivering high-quality nursing and rehabilitation services, setting higher standards in resident care, encouraging growth through education and community awareness, and implementing fiscal responsibility through employee training and personal commitment.
1. Must have a working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment.
2. Must have the knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
3. Operate and maintain transportation vehicles with a focus on safety.
4. Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
5. Perform minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary.
6. Fuel the vehicles when needed.
7. Make sure periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported.
8. Document vehicle usage and mileage.
9. Prepare trip, accident and incident reports as necessary.
10. Assist residents and passengers in and out of the vehicle.
11. Provide safety briefing to residents and passengers.
12. Provide other services as requested by management.
13. Receive direction and route assignments from the dispatcher or Supervisor.
14. Assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations if necessary.
15. Actively assist and participate in the enhancement of the lives of our residents through our dedicated approach to patient care and our census-building program.
16. Actively assist and participate in the development and retention of staff through recruitment, training and nurturing the employees of the nursing facility.
17. Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Administrator in accordance to the qualifications and training.
1. Must possess a valid driver's license issued by the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.
2. Must be 25 years of age or older and pass a motor vehicle screen.
3. Preferred to be a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA).
4. Should have the ability to deal effectively and patiently with others.
5. Should have the ability to operate a van or small bus.
6. Should have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
7. Should have the ability to operate lift equipment
8. Should have the ability to lift weights of 40-60 lbs.