The Therapist will screen, evaluate, re-evaluate, treat, discharge plan and make revisions in any established plan of care as supervised by the physician. The Windsor Rehab therapist will communicate with facility staff and provide support to the
facility through training and in-services as needed.
1. Screen all residents in facility on a quarterly basis to identify those who have
experienced declines in their functional abilities and determine if therapy
intervention is indicated.
2. Evaluate residents per MD order and establish appropriate treatment plans and
goals that meet the specific needs of the individual.
3. Re-assess patients and caseload as appropriate to determine need for
continued services or discontinuation of services based on patient progress.
4. Carry out treatment program as indicated.
5. Provide thorough discharge planning that will allow the patient to function at a
maximal level of independence in the least restrictive environment.
6. Educate staff, families and caregivers as indicated.
7. Identify needs for program development and implement programs according to
company policies and procedures.
8. Identify equipment needs of the therapy department and order equipment
according to company policy and procedure.
9. Complete all required documentation according to guidelines specified in the
10. Coordinate in-services for facility staff as need is determined to ensure safe
and effective carryover of maintenance/restorative programs and overall care of
11. Attend all meetings required by facility.
12. Supervise therapy assistants/techs as set forth in PT/OT/ST state regulations.
The Therapist must maintain active Texas state licensure for Speech Therapy
Previous experience working in a skilled nursing facility is highly preferred