The Therapy Assistant will implement the plan of care as established by the therapist and the physician in a professional, competent manner, upholding excellence with quality of care. The Therapy Assistant will communicate with facility staff and provide support to the facility through training and in-services as needed.
1. Screen all residents in facility on a quarterly basis to identify those who have
experienced declines in their functional abilities and determine if therapy
intervention is indicated.
2. Carry out treatment program according to plan of care in consultation with
3. Identify need for modification of treatment plan and consult with therapist.
4. Monitor and report resident performance and progress to therapist.
5. Assist therapist in re-assessment of patients by gathering and reporting patient
progress to help therapist determine the need for continuation or
discontinuation of services.
6. Assist therapist in discharge planning.
7. Educate staff, families and caregivers as indicated.
8. Identify needs for program development and implement programs according to
company policies and procedures.
9. Identify equipment needs of the therapy department and order equipment
according to company policy and procedure.
10. Complete all required documentation according to guidelines specified in the
11. Coordinate in-services for facility staff as need is determined to ensure safe
and effective carryover of maintenance/restorative programs and overall care of
12. Attend all facility-required meetings.
13. Supervise therapy techs as set forth in PT/OT/ST state regulations.
Must maintain active Texas state licensure for his/her current position.